Choose only one of the prompts below and write a response of 1,000 - 1,500 words (except for the short story).
- Write a short story (any genre or setting but not fan fiction) of 2,500 words or less.
- What do you consider to be the single most important societal problem? Why? Suggest possible solution/s and explain.
- If you were given a one-time use time machine that can place you anywhere and any time in the last 3000 years, where and when would you live out your life?
- Choose a person (fictional character or real) who affected you deeply and explain why.
- Explain the importance of (your major) in today’s society and what you think that industry will be like in 10 years.
- Your name and other identifying information should be on the top left portion
- Include the prompt you selected after your name
- Title is optional
- Pictures/images/drawings are optional
- Only the body of the work counts in the word count (does not include title, your name and other information, the prompt, and citations/sources if applicable)
- 0.5 inches margins (top, bottom, left, right)
- Font size 11
- Font: Arial, Calibri, or Times New Roman
- Left aligned body (not justified). The title may be centered.
- If you used sources, use any style guide for citing but use the same one throughout (MLA, APA, AP, AMA, IEEE, etc)
- The file type must be either .pdf, .doc, or .docx
Your work will be graded on
- how well you followed the instructions
- sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, spelling, mechanics
- the organization of your work
- word choice
- how engaging or compelling your work is
- Applicants who just graduated from high school
- Applicant must be an incoming college freshman in Fall 2023
- Applicants who will be in a certificate/certification program and the like are not eligible for the reward. Applicant is required to be in a degree program
- Applicant must have a copy of official/unofficial transcript
- Previous winners of the Center IPA Foundation scholarship will not be considered
- Official/Unofficial transcript
- Proof that you are a prospective college student (e.g., college acceptance letter, fall 2023 schedule, verification from school)
- A response to the written portion
- Student ID
Requirements if your application is selected:
- Awardees must be able to attend the award ceremony. Inability to attend the awards ceremony will result in forfeiture of the award.
- Awardees must also be at the ceremony on time. Late comers will not receive the award.
- Awardees are not allowed to assign representatives to receive the award on their behalf.
- Awardees must be able to stay for the whole duration of the ceremony.
- Awardees may bring one (1) guest to the ceremony [optional].